Search for content in message boards

Okie Fruit Tramp Lodi/Stockton Dust Bowl?

Replies: 3

Re: Okie Fruit Tramp Lodi/Stockton Dust Bowl?

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wish I could help you, I too am one who's family was fruit tramps, they moved from place to place in Calif. I'm 75 yrs old and remember some of the hard times, living in tents and so on, my mama and daddy moved back to Okla. from time to time, my uncle Jess and his family spent their whole life in Calif. picking fruit and veggies, Stockton was his home most of his life, a good honest man, never drank, my family were honest hard working people with no education, I'm lost for words only to say I am the tail end of the original grapes of wrath, I only wish I could find out more about my fruit tramp family, my grandpa William Washington Gillum died 4 months after I was born in 1937 born in 1855. I am also uneducated and do not have the money to search my ancestry. I lived 33 yrs in Calif. from Bakersfield to Cloverdale, my 2 children were raised in Calif. they now live in Okla. and Ark. I now live in Okla. 14 yrs. If you had folks that were fruit tramps you were blessed with wonderful hard working families. God bless,,Dexter.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Meghan Silva 25 Mar 2011 11:34PM GMT 
roxntix 22 Oct 2012 3:09AM GMT 
Meghan Silva 29 Dec 2012 10:02AM GMT 
gwinifred 13 Aug 2013 4:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic