Obit: John Charles SCHAFFER (1889-1954)

Replies: 0

Obit: John Charles SCHAFFER (1889-1954)

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 2:02PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 13 Oct 2013 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: SCHAFFER, NEEB, SARLES
JOHN C. SCHAFFER BURIED IN DENVER

John C. Schaffer, former local resident, was buried Wednesday in Fairmount Cemetery, Denver.

Mr. Schaffer died Friday (22 Jan 1954) in the Denver Veterans Administration Hospital, after a long illness. He was 64 years old. he was employed as a carpenter for the Burlington Railroad.

Born March 6, 1889, in Aurora, S.D., he moved with his parents to Cheyenne Wells in 1906 and later to Grand Junction, where he enlisted in the Army during World War I. He moved to Denver 20 years ago.

Among survivors are two brothers and seven sisters, including Mrs. Mack Sarles of Grand Junction.

Source: "John C. Schaffer Buried in Denver." Daily Sentinel [Grand Junction, CO] 28 Jan. 1954: 13. Print.

Contributor Notes: John was the son of William & Catherine (Neeb) Schaffer. I'd love to exchange information with anyone researching this family. I'm related through the Schaffer family.

Find a Grave Memorial for John Schaffer: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11...

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions