Search for content in message boards

The Last Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Soldier or the Last Civil War Soldier in CO Counties

Replies: 0

The Last Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Soldier or the Last Civil War Soldier in CO Counties

Posted: 18 Jan 2014 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Greetings;

It is my privilege to undertake and record the findings of the last Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) soldier or the last Civil War Soldier in each of the 64 counties in Colorado.

As Grave Registration Officer for the Dept. of CO & WY, I have visited every county and photographed all of the military and civilian markers of those who served during the Civil War and later moved to Colorado. I know that I will not be able to find all of them. Many had no history or wanted to forget that war. There is one woman I have found, she is buried in Washington County. Her name is; Cyrena Vorce / Civil War Nurse.

This request goes out to anyone who might know of the last living CW soldier in their county. It would be greatly appreciated if the information and any history on this soldier can be sent to me. If you have any questions or concerns contact me. Thank you for your time and considerations.

Best regards,

Craig Ayler
Grave Registration Officer
Dept. of CO & WY
Centennial Camp 100, SUVCW
P.O. Box 12035
Denver, CO 80212
caayler@att.net

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions