Search for content in message boards

Emma (Monroe?) Berry

Replies: 3

Emma (Monroe?) Berry

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 8:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wolfe, Berry, Shores, Chesnut, Monroe, Sterling
Ok, I've spent a year on this one and am no further so I'm sending out an SOS!

I have a relative whose maiden name is Emma (Monroe?) Berry. She married my GG-Grandfather Commodore Silas Wolfe in March 1900 around Montrose County. They lived there and in San Miguel. She divorced him 1924 and moved on to a Calvin 'Ira' A. Shores. They lived in Washington and then Oregon where he died in 1932. Finally she married Alma Chesnut in Utah and settle in Sacramento, California where she lated died soon after Alma in 1959.

I have her history down fairly well from her first marriage on but her childhood and family of origin are a complete mystery. I can't link her to anyone anywhere.

The best information I have is that on her death certificate it lists her mother's maiden name as McKay and father's name as Berry. On the census data her date and place of birth are pretty fluid. As for date there's Oct 1879 and for a place there's either Pennsylvania or Colorado. Her father might be from England or Colorado, and her mother might be from France or just United States. No idea if she has siblings. Also no idea if she was married to another person with the last name Sterling or Monroe. She was busy.

If you have any information please send me a message or email!
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
serinekat 23 Jul 2012 2:56PM GMT 
judyartley53 11 Sep 2012 5:41AM GMT 
serinekat 11 Sep 2012 1:40PM GMT 
RBestrom7380 13 Sep 2012 1:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions