Search for content in message boards

Middlemists of Colorado

Replies: 33

Re: Middlemists of Colorado

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 3:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ur book
I was very excited to read snippets of your Grandfathers book. There were several references to my grandfather Walt Middlemist. He was a cousin to the other Middlemists in the book. His father was Walter Alexander Middlemist, often called Alex and had a ranch near Limon. He froze to death in a blizzard in Feb. of 1881 and Walt was born almost 7 months later. I was nice to learn from the book that he had lived in Arkansas for a time with his mother. Middlemist brothers came from New York to establish ranches in Colorado. His brother Andrew was killed while on a cattle drive near Wagon Mound, New Mexico in 1883. I have never found who his wife was. Her Intitials were M. B. on the 1880 census. His brother William David is the father of the other Middlemists, Andy, Bob and Date in your Grandfathers book. I have found more information on my great grandfather in "The Colorado Magazine" Vol XVI - XVII which is the first time I have every heard anything about him from someone who had actually met him..
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
s_siegmund 21 Mar 2013 10:03PM GMT 
maryfree46 27 Mar 2013 7:36PM GMT 
s_siegmund 27 Mar 2013 8:09PM GMT 
jeanc 20 Oct 2013 9:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions