Search for content in message boards

Sgt. Francis Nichols

Replies: 6

Sgt. Francis Nichols

Katherine Cole (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nichols, Brotherton, Goodsell, Cole
I have been searching out my tree. I have an unique situation. I am looking for anyone to compare notes with regarding Sgt. Francis Nichols.
Francis Nichols who was born in England & came to Stratford, CT in the late 1630's approximately. My grandfather was Russell G. Cole who never met his father Lyman Nichols. My family as I am currently finding out is of a unique status. My great grandmother bore an illegitimate son, and for doing so gave her son her maiden name. In finding this out I have found a whole new side of family I never thought possible. I was afraid of how to go about this for fear of possible side affects. One being that grandfather never knew his father's family and I am not sure any of his father's family knew about him.
So anyhow I am part of the Cole's of Fairfield CT, a.k.a. Nichols of Fairfield, CT, and this is my story.....
Robert Nichols was the earliest I have gotten of the Nichols line. He is from London. Robert Nichols had Thomas who had Antony who had Francis Sr. who had Francis Jr. who was the first to arrive in the United States of America.
From there the line goes down to Samuel B. Nichols who had Lyman B. Nichols who was the unknown father to
my grandfather. I am currently trying to put all of this together in time for Christmas. I hopefully sometime in the
future would like to meet the relatives I never knew.
My story is as a unique one as you can see and I would like to get any and all information possible. If you know
of this family tree please please email me with the information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Katherine Cole 7 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
JNichols9140 2 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DougWescott 2 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
JNichols9140 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DougWescott 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
JNichols9140 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
kimnichols50 28 Feb 2013 6:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions