Search for content in message boards

Obit c Jul 1, 1871 for Patrick Flynn of Bridgeport?

Replies: 5

Re: Obit c Jul 1, 1871 for Patrick Flynn of Bridgeport?

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 7:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Flynn
Larry,

Thanks so much for offering to look up Patrick Flynn. Since I put out the request I actually made some headway on him. It seems his death did make the news. I was able to find in a New Haven and a Hartford paper that are online a short line in each about his death. Apparently he committed suicide. He slit his own throat after being on a "bender" for a few days. I wrote an email to the Bridgeport Library requesting any Bridgeport articles about this, but that was a month ago and I have not heard back.

I am hoping if he made the news in other towns that a Bridgeport paper will have even more information about him. It seems he cut his throat on Saturday evening (July 1st, 1871) and died Sunday morning (July 2nd, 1871). The story was in the Hartford Courrant on July 6th and the New Haven Columbian Register on July 15th.

If you can email or mail (whichever is easier for you) a copy of any articles you find I would be happy to reimburse you for any postage and copying fees. My email is jajewelry(at)hotmail.com (I left out the @ symbol so I don't get spammed) if you want to send me your address.

Thanks so much for doing this. I live in northern NJ and plan on making a trip to some Lehigh Valley, PA libraries some time soon for some research, so if you need anything in either area I would be happy to try and find it for you. I also can translate Italian reasonably well, if that helps.

Jill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jajewelry 9 Jan 2013 4:50AM GMT 
Laurence Smit... 4 Feb 2013 6:04PM GMT 
jajewelry 6 Feb 2013 2:51PM GMT 
Laurence Smit... 24 Jun 2013 8:24PM GMT 
jajewelry 25 Jun 2013 6:12AM GMT 
jajewelry 25 Jun 2013 6:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions