Search for content in message boards

WWII Discharge Papers?

Replies: 1

WWII Discharge Papers?

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rennie
Hello,

I'm hoping someone might know where I should contact to obtain my grandfather's WWII discharge papers. He enlisted in Cambria County, PA, and I've unfortunately been through all the discharge records there and his is not among them. Between the beginning and the end of the war, however, his parents and siblings had moved to Bridgeport, and I believe that is where he likely was discharged, given that it wasn't his birthplace.

I know very little about his service as he was in the Army Air Corps and those records were destroyed by fire. Additionally my grandfather's uniform was lost in a housefire in the early 1950s. I do luckily have a couple patches indicating he served in the 8th and the 13th, and I know he said he served in both England and the Pacific and I know he was a sergeant, but that's really the extent of it.

In Cambria, the discharge books are simply arranged on a shelf in the deeds office. I am doubtful it is that simple in Fairfield, but if it is that would be great!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KatieRennie 17 Mar 2013 7:30PM GMT 
LDUZ2 19 Mar 2013 5:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions