Search for content in message boards

Rachel Wheeler, Rachel Eaton, Rachel Paulk, born 1705, Concord, Middlesex County, MA

Replies: 1

Re: Rachel Wheeler, Rachel Eaton, Rachel Paulk, born 1705, Concord, Middlesex County, MA

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 9:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wheeler, Eaton, Paulk, born 1705, Concord, Middlesex County, MA
I am Richard Wheeler, the same person that posted above on Rachel Paulk Eaton Wheeler. I have a little more knowledge now but I am still looking for Rachel's death date and place of death.

I know she must have survived until 24 Nov 1749 with the birth of her youngest daughter, Sarah Wheeler, in Tolland, Tolland County, CT (from Barbour Collection, Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870).

I know that Nathan Wheeler, her husband, removed to New Marlborough, MA at some point after the above 1749 date in Tolland. Nathan and his oldest son Elijah Wheeler, a birth from Nathan's first wife, Mary Wheeler, before her death in 1740 (Tolland) arrived in North East, NY (Millerton, Dutchess County, NY area). It is stated in the "Coleman Station Historic District, Dutchess County NY" dossier that "Nathan Wheeler and his son Elijah, recently arrived from New Marlborough, MA, and bought 200-plus acres in Lot 63 in 1763-64".

As stated in the original posting, there is no evidence that his wife Rachel came with him to North East, NY as Nathan is prominently buried (along with his son Elijah) in the Coleman Station burying grounds (cemetery).

I would appreciate any relevant information on Rachel's death Thank you. Richard Wheeler
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wheel599 14 May 2008 9:27PM GMT 
RichardWheele... 4 Oct 2012 3:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions