Search for content in message boards

Mary Bateman or Backman born abt 1751 married in Litchfield Jan 1780 to David Smith

Replies: 1

Mary Bateman or Backman born abt 1751 married in Litchfield Jan 1780 to David Smith

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bateman, Backman, Smith, Tryon
I'm trying to sort out my great great great grandmother, Mary wife of David Smith. According to some unreferenced sources, her name was Mary Tryon, but the marriage date and place (Litchfield, Connecticut) gives David's wife's name as Mary Bateman (or possibly Backman). There is a greater likelihood that her name was not Tryon, as she had a daughter-in-law called Mary Tryon, and perhaps there has been confusion between the two Marys. The Barbour collection of Connecticut records gives her name as Mary Bateman, but notes that another source gives it as Backman. My searches for Batemans in Connecticut has yielded nothing useful. Can anyone shed some light on a Mary Bateman born about 1751, possibly also in Litchfield, Connecticut, married in 1780?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
laurieskeller 23 Jan 2013 5:47PM GMT 
Dave McTigue 4 Mar 2013 1:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions