Search for content in message boards

Who was Hannah Scribner, by1757 =Mrs Nathan Jackson of Woodbury CT?

Replies: 0

Who was Hannah Scribner, by1757 =Mrs Nathan Jackson of Woodbury CT?

Posted: 27 Apr 2014 10:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: scribner jackson jenkins
27 Apr 2014 from Warren Forsythe - genealogy125 (at) fairpoint.net

But for Jackson side of this : try Diane Deputy – dianedeputy (at) earthlink.net
At
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&d...

WHO WERE KIN OF THIS HANNAH SCRIBNER?? who in mid-1750s began being mother of Nathan Jackson’s children baptized in Woodbury, Litchfield County, CT??

By ca. 1760 they were back in southern Fairfield Co. CT where husband Nathan was from, and quite possibly where wife Hannah was from too. Was he just up north during French & Indian War? Was he briefly interacting with the Jackson names who do appear on 1750s vital records of Woodbury CT on americanancestors.com ? (even though Nathan and Hannah [reportedly Scribner] Jackson’s kids are not on those vital records from the CT Barbour Collection).

Was “Hannah Scribner” a young widow Mrs. Scribner?, as in 18 years of compiling CT Scribner families, I’ve not found any potential bride of maiden name Hannah Scribner in correct birth date range? Neither is there evidence of such a young widow known; the only potential SPECULATIVE widow was a Miss Hannah Scribner, dtr of Sarah&Thomas who on 3 Apr 1748 in Norwalk CT vital records married a Thomas Hyatt [I compile the Thomas Hyatt born 1714, but other assert the Thomas Hyatt born 1729]. Their last recorded child was 1753 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co., CT. That’s very close to the location where Nathan Jackson was from, but except for the 1753 termination of the record of 5 consecutive Hyatt birth/bapt records in Ridgefield CT, I’VE FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF Hannah (Scribner) Hyatt being alive after 1753, and no evidence of her becoming a widow.

SUMMARY OF JACKSON FAMILY private and public family records:
By Diane Deputy (Mrs Wallace Deputy) - dianedeputy (at) earthlink.net
-
Since you mentioned the Scribner Family, do you happen to have any information on a Hannah Scribner*, b abt 1735, of Woodbury, Litchfield, CT. Parents unknown. She married abt 1756, Nathan Jackson*, b abt 1730, of Woodbury, who also lived in Wilton & Fairfield, CT. (Nathan, son of Jonathon* & Deborah Jackson*, was born in Stratfield. Fairfield, Conn.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nathan & Hannah Jackson had the following children; Jonathon Jackson, Reuben Jackson, Nathan Jr Jackson, Eunice Jackson* (who marr Calvin Jenkins*, son of William Jenkins* who marr Sarah Allen*), Rebena or Bee, Mr. Jackson, Samuel Jackson, & Mr. Jackson. The stars* are my husband Wally’s direct lines.
Thanks so much for checking. Diane Deputy
-
PS. I have exact birthdates for all the children of Nathan & Hannah Jackson. The first three were born in Woodbury, in Litchfield Co, CT. Then the family moved to Wilton in Fairfield Co, CT where the rest were born. Only one small history was saved & I have a copy of it! Thank you!! Diane Deputy ;

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions