Search for content in message boards

Aaron-4 Beard Jr. (Aaron-3, John-2, Andrew-1) (1742-1820s); MA > CT > MA > NY

Replies: 0

Aaron-4 Beard Jr. (Aaron-3, John-2, Andrew-1) (1742-1820s); MA > CT > MA > NY

Posted: 8 Jun 2014 9:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Aaron-4 Beard Jr. (Aaron-3, John-2, Andrew-1) was born in Wilmington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts on 4 August 1742, the son of Aaron-3 Beard and Susannah-4 Frost (Edmund-2, Samuel-2, Edmund-1), who were primarily of Tewksbury, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. Aaron-4 Beard Jr. was probably the Aaron Beard (also known as Bard and Baird) who migrated to Salisbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut by 1772; to Canaan, Litchfield County, Connecticut by 1779; to Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts by 1800 (and perhaps much earlier); to Oxford, Chenango County, New York by 1803; and to Greene, Chenango County, New York probably in 1814. For more information, please see the following article:

Perry Streeter, “Was Louisa, Daughter of Aaron and Lucy ([–?–]) Beard of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Chenango County, New York, the Second Wife of Thomas Streeter of Steuben County, New York?” The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record. The first installment has already appeared in the April 2014 issue; www.perrystreeter.com/beard.pdf will be updated as subsequent installments for the genealogical summary appear in print. The known children of Aaron and Lucy ([–?–]) Beard were:

Louisa Beard (1774– ), a probable match for Louisa ([–?–]) Streeter (ca. 1773–1844), wife of Thomas-1 Streeter of Steuben County, New York
Ai Frost Beard (1777–1852) of Chenango County, New York and St. Clair County, Michigan
Parks Baird (1779–1852) of Greene County, New York and Wayne County, Pennsylvania

Prior to collaboration that I initiated in October 2012, no one was aware of what happened to Aaron-4 Beard Jr. after he left Massachusetts, nor had the descendants of Ai Frost Beard and Parks Baird identified Aaron and Lucy as their most recent common ancestors. The reconstruction of this family group is a research breakthrough for the large American family that descends from Andrew-1 and Mary (Williams) Beard of Billerica, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. It is still unknown if Andrew-1 Beard was an immigrant and/or the descendant of an immigrant. For a summary of Aaron-4 Beard’s ancestry, please see…

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&d...

For more information on the ancestors and descendants of Thomas-1 and Louisa (Beard?) Streeter, please see the following article:

Perry Streeter, “Streeter Immigrants of Greene and Steuben Counties [New York]: The Common Origins of Elizabeth (Streeter) Faulkner, Thomas Streeter, and William Streeter, at Dunnings Farm, East Grinstead, Sussex, England” by Perry Streeter (The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, January and April 2011): www.perrystreeter.com/streeter.pdf

I share my research findings freely in hopes that others will continue to help me document all known descendants of the Streeter family of Dunnings Farm, East Grinstead, Sussex, England. The Beard article is one more stepping stone towards producing a classic hardbound genealogy for the extended family.

Your feedback on the probability that Louisa Beard became Louisa ([–?–]) Streeter is welcome. If you would like to offer assistance of any kind with ongoing research efforts, please contact me privately. Of course, any corrections or additions regarding the ancestors and descendants of Thomas-1 and Louisa (Beard?) Streeter will always be greatly appreciated!

Perry Streeter (perry@streeter.com)
www.perrystreeter.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions