Search for content in message boards

Beach, Gibbs

Replies: 12

Re: BEACH, GIBBS

Hoss Toponce (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query

Don, the Lydia Gibbs that my line comes through is the daughter of Zadock Gibbs, Sr., the sister of your Zadock the 2nd. I appriciate the info on Zadock, Jr. I only had two of his wives documented, one of them was Lydia Hewitt, although I had her listed as Lydia Landers. Can you tell me if she was married before or after Zadock,Jr. or if my other surname for her is off base? I have a copy of the booklet "Gibbs Family in America" where I came across a lot of the information about my line and where it connects but it doesn't go much farther than Lovell or Zadock, Jr. so any info you want to share about your line would be greatly appreciated and I would be more than happy to reciprocate. I can e-mail you through your regular address and attach a ged.com if you wish. Lovell & Horace Gibbs moved to Batavia, Genessee, New York in about 1810, Horace's 1st child was born there in 1812. This is probably why they don't show in the 1850 census for NY. Horace moved to Utah in 1849 and shows up there in the 1850 census. You didn't tell what part of Michigan you are living in. The Beach line that I am tracing is that of Rufus Beach who married Laura Ann Gibbs, Horace's Daughter. He bought land in Wayne County in 1825 right after they opened the Erie canal. His place of reidence in 1833 is listed as Lavonia,Wayne Co., Michigan. I would appreciate any help that you can or may provide. Hoss Toponce
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tofindemma 4 Sep 2012 10:21AM GMT 
Donald Frank Gibbs 31 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Hoss Toponce 1 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic