Search for content in message boards

BARTRAM

Replies: 18

Re: BARTRAM

Dorothy Black (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 10:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARTRAM
Please have him contact me as I mentioned this Bartram per the census you marked indicated he was a Stone Mason and that is my line also. My George was born around 1804 and married Mary Jane Bartram. They had one child John W. Bartram born in 1847. John married Mary Elizabeth Swift and they lived in Newstead, NY. Their only child (that lived) was Walter Newton Bartram. Walter married Caroline D. Rovell. They had 3 children, one being my grandfather John Isaac Bartram and my father John Ralph Bartram. This entire line's occupation was Stone/Brick mason. So some how my George W. Bartram (strange same name, but they did that then) was born in CT (census records) but I can not find him any where. The 1860 Census has Mary J. Bartram with son John W. Bartram. I have all after, but can't find George and Mary. This was the first sign when I received the death notice signed by Helen. I am sure this is the same Helen. What is strange is Helen indicated Isaac Bartram and Molly Hamilton were her parents (Mary Jane's), but in reading the history of Redding etc. and the Bartram Branches list Mary Jane as the daughter of Isaac Hamilton Bartram and Lydia Platt. So this has set me back. The history of Redding indicates Molly had 21 chilldren 7 surviving all males. So maybe your friend could e-mail me and we could correspond. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dot Black 31 Oct 2001 7:49PM GMT 
Dorothy Black 31 Oct 2001 9:06PM GMT 
JoannCupp97 1 Nov 2001 6:45AM GMT 
Dorothy Black 1 Nov 2001 5:01PM GMT 
JoannCupp97 2 Nov 2001 5:49AM GMT 
Dorothy Black 2 Nov 2001 3:52PM GMT 
JoannCupp97 2 Nov 2001 11:24PM GMT 
Dorothy Black 31 Oct 2001 9:10PM GMT 
Dot Black 25 Jul 2003 4:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions