Search for content in message boards

Kennon/Thomaston

Replies: 1

Re: Kennon/Thomaston

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennon; Hall;Humphrey; Palmer
The father of Charles Edward Vere Kennon was born in England and lived in Rhode Island. He went on a whaling trip to the Kerguelen and Heard Islands, southern Indian Ocean, in 1855, out of New London, CT. The New London County Historical Society has the journal of this voyage.
He married Adelaide Hall in 1858 in a double wedding with my grt grandmother Mary C. Hall Humphrey. They had three sons including the above named one. Adelaide Hall, of Goshen, was the sister of Asaph Hall, astronomer, and daughter of Asaph Hall. I think her mother was Eunice Palmer, if I have the right generation.Charles Henry Kennon died of a fever in the Civil War in 1863 Iin a RI regiment) and Adelaide remarried, a George Lambertson. Asaph Hall, the astronomer, discovered the Moons of Mars at the Naval Observatory, 1876/ Charles Edward Vere Kennon had no children. I believe he was a Dr. His brother Lyman was a General. Another brother lived in Oregon.His daughter Laura Hall Vere Kennon taught English lit at Brooklyn College.Adelaide Hall had a twin sister Adeline.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charlie Hunter 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Jjshawuc 11 Apr 2013 1:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions