Search for content in message boards

Gareau / D'Avignon/Barry

Replies: 5

Re: Gareau / D'Avignon/Barry

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
You might be able to help me out. I saw your posting on Ancestry. I too am related to a Francois Beauregard dit Davignon III that was born about 1683-1686 in Calvados, France. (I will now refer to him as Francois III). My family settled in NY, CT and MA after coming from Chambly, Canada and St. Mathias, Rouville, Quebec.

This is my family line to see if we're in the same family:
- Francois Beauregard dit Davignon/Deveneau IV m.
Madeline Maillot
- Jean Baptiste m. M.Madeleine Masse
- Charles m. Genevieve Bertrand dit Lafontaine
- Abraham I m. M.Catherine Suprenant dit Lafontaine
- Abraham II m. M.Lucie Delage dit Letourneau

See if you can follow this. I have numbered each generation of Francois with a Roman Numeral to help follow along and keep them straight. Hope this helps.

I was trying to find out who Francois III's wife was because I believe he is the father of Francois Beauregard dit Davignon IV that was married to Madeleine Maillot 24 May 1719 St. Joseph, Chambly, Canada. (I will now refer to him as Francois IV).

Well, as I said, I was trying to locate the birth of Francois Beauregard dit Davignon III b: 1683-1686 Calvados, France and his marriage to find his wife. I haven't been able to locate the baptism record as of yet. If you don't have this, is there anyone out there able to help??

When I look on Ancestry.com for Francois Beauregard dit Davignon III, I came across Francois Beauregard dit Desvaux II that married Gervaise Ernault 16 May 1677 St. Germain, Rennes, Ill-et-Vilaine, Haute Bretagne, France (His parents appear to be Francois Devaulx I and Guillemette DuBois). I figured that Francois II & Gervaise were my Francois III's parents.

Then I later found that Francois Desvaux II was remarried to Michelle Jannes 19 Oct 1683 Sains, Ille-et-Vilaine, France. So now it appears that my Francois III's mother was not Gervaise Ernault but Michelle Jannes.

I have not been able to find the marriage record of Francois II and Michelle Jannes, only the date of marriage. If you don't have this record, hopefully someone has this information to help me as I like copies of the actual documents/parish records.

Have you or anyone else found that the name changed from Devaulx/Desvaux to Davignon or Deveneau or Devneau or Deveau when they came to Quebec? I hate to be chasing the wrong family.
Thanks,
phonelady
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Reni W. 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DEB INMAN 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
George C d'Avignon 11 Sep 2001 3:31AM GMT 
phonelady1279 4 Feb 2013 4:01PM GMT 
darienchal 17 Aug 2002 2:38AM GMT 
dkfleming1 26 Jul 2003 12:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic