Search for content in message boards

Nancy Fuller Selden (Seldon)

Replies: 2

Nancy Fuller Selden (Seldon)

Posted: 21 May 2011 10:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Selden Seldon Thayer
I'm looking for the parents of Nancy Selden (b. 7/10/1790 Hudson MA, d. 2/27/1866 Buffalo, NY). She married Joel Thayer (b. 5/19/1782 d. 1/28/1853) 9/30/1823 Windsor Ct. I believe they lived in Palmyra NY. Joel is the son of Capt. Levi Thayer & Hannah Parkhurst.

I believe her name should be spelled Selden because that is the middle name of one of her sons Edward Selden Thayer, plus it has been passed down the generations like that. There is a Thayer genealogy book written that has it recorded as Seldon.

I found a book (Proceedings By New England Society in the City of Brooklyn, Jan. 1881) that describes one of her sons Nathan Thayer in which it says -

"Mr. Thayer's mother belonged to the well-known old New England family, the Seldens of Haddam Neck, Conn. The Seldens held a re-union at Saybrook, Conn., several years ago, and it was attended by not a few of our well known men. They claim among their ancestors, John Selden of high literary fame, and such names as those of Chief Justice Waite, Judge Henry R. Selden of Rochester, N. Y., Dr. William Selden of Norfolk, Va., and the late President Nott of Union College, swell the list of distinguished men."

She may be related to a Clarrisa Selden (b. 1787 d. 1830 Palmyra, NY) because they were born around the same time, lived in the same area and Clarrisa married a Levi Thayer son of Capt. Levi Thayer (Joel's twin brother).

Thanks,

Jon Ugelstad
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jugelstad_1 22 May 2011 4:27AM GMT 
ashleyfuller8... 10 Jun 2011 11:58PM GMT 
jugelstad_1 11 Jun 2011 2:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic