Search for content in message boards

Harold Earle Braisted b. 1917, died in Cos Cob, CT

Replies: 3

Harold Earle Braisted b. 1917, died in Cos Cob, CT

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRA
Seeking more information on my grandfather H. EARLE BRAISTED (Feb 3 1917 - July 1985), especially where he grew up because my father does not know much about that. I know he was born in America, but I'm not sure if it was in Connecticut or New York, but he did die in Cos Cob CT, the place where my father grew up.
He married my grandmother Susannah Mitchell who I'm not really sure about her family. My father told me that her dad's name was John Mitchell, but that was actually his name after he changed it because of a feud with his dad. The Braisted children were named Elizabeth, Margaret, Robert and Richard. Both H. Earle and Susannah are buried in Greenwich.
He passed away before I was born so I never got to ask him about his family and he worked a lot throughout my dad's childhood so they never really connected enough to share his past history.
Any information on his birthplace, where he grew up or his extended family would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bob_braisted 3 Oct 2012 5:43PM GMT 
BOSullivan26 3 Oct 2012 5:52PM GMT 
swanmak1 5 Oct 2012 12:09AM GMT 
ELLinSpain 4 Oct 2012 11:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions