looking for ancestors and family

Replies: 1

looking for ancestors and family

mary (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: handy, corbin, laporta, corbett
Hi!
I'm looking for Indian Ancestors (My ggg-grandparents)there names are Hezakia and Ramaha Corbin(they came from Canada and later moved to Maine(I was told that they were buried in Maine). They had a daughter named Mary Corbin. (My gg-grandmother)She married Frank Handy(my gg-grandfather)either in Maine or Connecticutt, they had at least 4 children(Perley,Nathaniel,Arthur,and Frank). Frank and Mary are also supposed to be buried in Maine .
Frank(my g-grandfather) married Rose(my g-grandmother)Either in Maine or Conneticutt. They had 18 children. I don't know Rose's maiden name. I do know that she had a 1st cousin by the name Gentleman Jim Corbett. Prize fighter. I also know that she is buried in a cemetary on Rt. 1 but dont know the name of it. It is in Madison, Conn.
One of them was my grandfather Milton Bennet Handy(born in Connecticutt, Bridgeport I believe)He was born August 1907, he married a Mary Jean Laporta, (full blooded Italian)my grandmother, in Bridgeport in 1923, she was born April 28,1907(I believe Bridgeport also). I believe her parents came from sicily Her father may be John Laporta but don't know her mothers name. She is believed to be the oldest of 10 children. (Her younger sister Carmello Mazillo is still believed to be alive). Mary and Milton had 2 children Blanche and Milton John Handy he is my father(He was born in Bridgeport Connecticutt in 1932. My father married a Doris Smith(from Tennessee). They had 5 children, I am the middle child.

If you have any relationship to this family please reply. I have found some of the Handy's that's how I got my info but I can't locate any Corbin's or Laporta's. Please Help! I know that some of the Handy's are still in Connecticutt and some of the Laporta's(I have no names so I can't locate them) but I don't know if any Corbin's are still alive.
I'm not sure about what kind of Indian either. Cherokee, Blackfoot, Cree are a few of the names I've been told.

Thanks,
Mary

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mary 28 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
purvis_britt 13 Jan 2013 7:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic