Search for content in message boards

John William Evans - Pennsylvania and Hawaii

Replies: 1

John William Evans - Pennsylvania and Hawaii

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans Llelyn Llewelyn Silva Torres
According to military records, John William Evans was born on February 16, 1880 in Plymouth, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, USA. The year of his birth varies according to various documents produced during his life, i.e. children's birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, military records, etc.
According to John's marriage certificate, his parents were William C or J Evans and Catherine Llewelyn or Llelyen. According to various census records and stories passed down to his children, his parents were of Welsh-Irish ancestry and both were born in Wales.
Supposedly, John had a least two sisters, they were named Charlotte and Catherine, names he used for his own children.
I can trace John after he enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1903. I cannot find any proof of John or his family before April 1903.
I need HELP in locating birth records, census records, family members, etc.
After spending time in the military in California and the Philippines, John left the Army in Hawaii in 1912. He eventually married Philomena Silva or Silva Torres on the Island of Maui, and they had thirteen (13) children. John died in 1947.
Please HELP me find information on my grandfather.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
esevans52 15 Aug 2012 9:23PM GMT 
thomasker2 30 Sep 2012 1:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions