Search for content in message boards

Florida State Hospital - Photo Records??

Replies: 1

Florida State Hospital - Photo Records??

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2012 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: Russell
Does anyone know if Florida State Hospital kept photos of patients. I know it was really the Mental Asylum & Prison Hospital & you would think most had some kind of patient id system. Or does any one know if there are pictures of the staff who worked there. There is a website (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~chattahooc...) about the Hospital Cemetery but most of the links on the page are inactive now.

I'm looking for a Clarance Lee Russell(6/26/1883-4/2/1958) who according to his death certificate died there in the late 1950s(1956-1958).

I was looking for pictures because for all intent and purpose this man may be apart of my family. The problem is I'm Black & he's White according to his Death Certificate. Im thinking maybe Mr. Russell (or his parents) could have been an assimilated Native American who passed for white. Its a stretch but anyone who studies history knows things can happen.

If anyone has any leads please let me know and I shall do the same if I get any.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
stephenjblack 26 Feb 2012 9:29PM GMT 
attocat 27 Feb 2012 10:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions