Search for content in message boards

Seeking marriage record for ? Green/e to Sarah A.M. ? before c. 1828

Replies: 0

Seeking marriage record for ? Green/e to Sarah A.M. ? before c. 1828

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 9:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Green/e, Toole, Cumbaa
Are the early Camden County, Georgia, marriage records on line for free anywhere?
I am looking for a marriage record in South Georgia or north Florida before c. 1828 for a mysterious Mr. [_?_] Green/e d. before c. 1838 to Sarah A. M.[_?_] b.c. 1805-06 d. 1863. She is buried with a marker in Magnolia Cemetery, Augusta, Richmond County, Georgia, with her 2nd husband, Jordan Madison Cumbaa who was about 10 yrs. her junior. The cemetery records listed her as a native of Camden, no state given. There were Green/e families early in Camden County, Georgia, with some traces back to Barnwell District, South Carolina, where they were located in 1850 and 1860 at Montmorenci as school teachers, postmaster, census, magistrate. Posssible marriage record for A Sarah Green to J. M Cumbaa??? They may have been the household on the 1840 census of Lexington District, South Carolina, which is a "burned" county.
My double 2-great grandparents were Manning Toole who married 1850-1851 in Barnwell District, SC to Mary D. Green/e b. 1828 d. 1889. There are clues that she had two brothers Albert and Columbus (Maybe P. C.) b. c. 1830-1831.
This has been a stone wall for over 60 years. I am not subscribed to this e-mail list. Any help appreciated.
Vivian Toole Cates, Alto, Texas 1-936-858-3801 http://www.myinu.net/vcates vtoole at myinu.net

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions