Search for content in message boards

Samuel Goff m. Tabitha Watson

Replies: 1

Samuel Goff m. Tabitha Watson

Posted: 3 Jul 2013 7:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goff / Watson
I have recently became very interested in these two people in my family tree. I was hoping someone could give me some more knowledge. From the limited research I have been able to do on these two I have concluded the following:

Let me start with Samuel.
Samuel Goff (1790-1860), son of Dempsey Goff, was born in SC. He married Tabitha Watson and died in Dooley Co. GA. In the 1850 Census, there is a Samuel Goff in Laurens GA who was one of the largest slave owners in the area, which leads me to believe he owned a rather large plantation. Is this the same man that died 10 years later in Dooley? I found a will for a William Goff in this period that mentions Samuel. This makes sense to me because Samuel did indeed have a brother William. I have also heard that Samuel and William were orphaned. Does this mean they were adopted into the Goff family?

Now Tabitha:
I have found her name spelled 3 different ways, Tabitha, Tobitha, and Abitha. She was apparently a Creek Indian. I have not been able to find any pictures of her, even though I did find some of her daughter Pinkey Ann. I was also not able to find any information on her parents.

Can anyone give me more insight on this extremly interesting couple? Or possible give me any advice on more places to research? Thanks you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jess_ray74 3 Jul 2013 1:31PM GMT 
PCrabtree1976 9 Oct 2013 1:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions