Search for content in message boards

Captain William Jordan

Replies: 2

Re: Captain William Jordan

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 7:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Benny,
I am a descendent of William and Dorcas Jordan through their daughter Elizabeth who was born about 1825 and married John W. Coppage about 1842 in Vienna,Dooly County,Georgia. They had several daughters and no sons. In addition to the daughters who married into the Raffield and Coppage families I also know of a daughter Nancy who married a Fields and a daughter Eliza who married a Lupo. All four of these families eventually followed each other into the tri-states area of the Florida Panhandle. Members of the Brown family of Dorcas Brown-Jordan married 3 children of Lewis Coppage. Her brother Stephen married Anna Coppage and cousin Erwin married Martha Coppage in addition to the marriage to John W. Coppage of her daughter, Elizabeth. I believe there is good circumstantial evidence to suggest that the William Jordan in the 1820 census of Wilkinson County,Georgia living so close to the Lewis Coppage mentioned above is our ancestor and that the William Brown,Sr. on the previous page is the father of Dorcas,Stephen,William and Hezekiah Brown. There is some evidence to suggest that William Jordan may have been Dorcas' second husband.Also,there is some evidence to suggest that Henry Jordan listed in the 1820 census of Wilkinson County may have been the father of William.

Your Cousin,
Steve
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JRaffield 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
steve jordan 12 Apr 2013 1:54AM GMT 
steve jordan 12 Apr 2013 1:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions