Search for content in message boards

David Love

Replies: 7

Re: The Col David Love/Blewett Family of Anson Co, NC

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello cousin I too am a direct descendant of LTC David Love of The North Carolina militia. He was the son of John Love and Sarah Gorton it is believed they were from Scotland or Northern England. Sarah Gorton died when David Love was a lad as was the custom of the day his father remarried and the story goes David did not get along with his step mother. David left home and lived with the Indians where he learned to trap. Instead of selling his fur here he decided to go to England or Europe where he made a fortune on the pelts. That is a documented Indian connection. He came back to the USA after spending a year touring Europe. Upon his return he met Jean Blewett whose father Capt William Blewett owned a ferry crossing on the Pee Dee river near present day Raliegh, NC. I have more info but whew it's a long story. Maybe we could talk later and compare notes. We have a very rich ancestry. The info on our line would make a huge book. I will say one more thing there is a misconception in our family that "Mad Anthony" Wayne is an ancestor. My sister has proof this is not true. I do find it interesting that Gen. Robert (Robertus) Love was best friends with "Mad Anthony" this may explain where the misconception came in.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DTROGERS 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
carburco 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Lawrence (Larry) Wayne Love 13 Aug 2001 2:04PM GMT 
uyokun99 1 Jun 2006 9:24PM GMT 
Charles_Wayne... 16 Feb 2013 1:42AM GMT 
MaryGordonSmi... 24 Jan 2004 2:02PM GMT 
Mary Gordon Smith 12 Mar 2004 6:30PM GMT 
Josephine C Nall 25 Oct 2004 11:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions