Search for content in message boards

Plantation Documents of William Copeland Sr. Harris County, GA

Replies: 33

Re: CookingLoverXOX

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
GOOD MORNING MARGARET,

OMG! I just finished going over the board and couldn't believe a circus came to town with a clown included. I didn't mean to get a flame started when I replied to your post. But I'm sure someone was helped by the very well documented research you provided.

Thank you for your warm wishes and words of encouragement, I really appreciate them. Although it's been almost ten years now, I still can't get over the fact that I spent all that time researching people who did not share any common ancestry with me all because I was a novice and acted on some information given to me by someone I believed to be a distant relative but wasn't.

And it didn't help matters that I was just starting out and didn't know how to interpret data, read census records, or locate good solid evidence. I thought I was having some type of self identity crisis when I found out I was headed in the wrong direction. And let's not even talk about the money spent or the amount of time it took for me to get back on track. The upside was that I was able to donate the research to the local historical society knowing that some family researching the same ancestors could use it.

Anyway, another person saw some of your material and was quite impressed with what they saw. They're interested in discussing some professional research consulting. If you're interested, just let g know.

Like you, I'm pretty done here so I'll close with some words of wisdom my grandmother shared with me:

"Those who truly seek the truth will eventually find it. While those who wish to be mislead (and continue to live in a fools paradise), will accept any information (true or untrue) that is offered to them. The path they choose to take is entirely up to them and them "alone".

It may be a shame but it's a fact of life.

Jenna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lianelallen 22 Jul 2011 5:05AM GMT 
zoealegra123 22 Jul 2011 7:27PM GMT 
zoealegra123 16 Aug 2011 12:27AM GMT 
CookingLoverX... 6 Jun 2010 10:01PM GMT 
jenna875 8 Jun 2010 10:41AM GMT 
BobEllis3357 8 Jun 2010 12:05AM GMT 
zoealegra123 8 Jun 2010 1:20AM GMT 
closed2 12 Jul 2010 3:59AM GMT 
tori10asee2 9 Jan 2013 11:52PM GMT 
BobEllis3357 5 Jun 2010 7:57PM GMT