Search for content in message boards

Livingston/Moreland in Corinth and Hogansville, Ga

Replies: 0

Livingston/Moreland in Corinth and Hogansville, Ga

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Livingston, Moreland
I have been searching for the grave of Freeman Allen Livingston I for months. I know he was married to Frances Asbury Moreland. They had two children Issac Thomas Livingston and my GGgrandfather Freeman Allen Livingston.

Issac died as a toddler and he is buried in Corinth, Ga. In the yard of an abandonded old house at the corner of hwy 100 and Coweta-Heard rd.

Frances Asbury remarried John Littleton Johnston and they lived in Hogansville at 210 Johnston Road. There is no house by that number there any longer. What happened to it?
They had one child Virgina Savannah Johnston, who was born in Corinth ga. She married Thomas Jefferson Jones, and they had 7 children. 5 of them dying as infants. Their daughter Fannie Jones married a Glover and the rest of their line is fully documented.

I have about 87 letters that Allen Livingston wrote to his mother until her death in 1898. I know there must be some record of his father's burial. The family history describes him as a man of considerable wealth. So surely he was given a proper burial.

Is anyone researching this line as well? Or even better...does someone have some clue?
Thanks!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions