James TURNER b abt 1835 moved from VA through NC to Union Dist. SC by 1773. In 1783 he migrated to Greene Co. GA with his children and sons-in-law who had fought in the American
Revolution in Col. Thomas Brandon's SC Regiment. His known children were:
1. Mary Turner b 1757 VA d 1851 Chambers Co. AL m Thomas Trammell in 1775 Union Dist. SC d 1823 Upson Co. GA
2. James Turner, Jr. b 1758 VA d 1826 Morgan Co. GA (left a will) m Elizabeth Trammell or Baker d 1850 Henry Co. GA
3. Susannah Turner b? m (1)Marvin Hammond d 1797 Hancock Co. GA (2) Hitchcock
4. William Turner b 1766/1768 d 1858 Henry Co. GA m likely Bolivia unknown
5. possibly Larkin Turner b 1770 d 1878 Meriwether Co. Ga m 1798 Eleanor Leah Driskell in Hancock Co. GA
6. probably Edward Turner b 1778 SC d 1865 Pike Co. GA m Mary Methvin d abt 1845 Meriwether Co. GA
I would love to correspond with anyone interested in this group of Turners found in Hancock Co. GA records together before 1800 and their descendants who are found later in various GA counties.
There is also a Butler Turner d 1808 Jackson Co. GA who had a son named John Holliday Turner that I believe to be connected to this family group and possibly another William Turner who had a son named Wyatt Turner.
Nancy Turner Grogan