Dale Family

Replies: 4

William Robert DAle

Jane Miles (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dale, Fletcher
Linda,

William Robert Dale was chosen as an administrator to my GG-grandfathers will (see Lumpkin County Wills-John Nelson Fletcher). If you live in Georgia, you should try to locate the The Heritage of Lumpkin County Georgia 1832-1996. It has
loads of information and photos of the Dale family and a photo of William Robert Dale. If you have no information on this family, you've hit a gold mine in this book. I believe the Dale family was very close to the Fletcher Family and often wondered if Matilda Fisher was a mispelling of Fletcher. Their twelth (12) son was named after my gg-grandfather John Nelson Dale. William and Matilda had thirteen children.

William and his family were victims of the Civil War when Sherman's men burned their farm, killed what they couldn't take and took William prisoner. He was considered a very handy man and could make shoes, so he was forced to make shoes for the Union soldiers. He escaped near Kennesaw Mountain and made his way bak to North George (part of an article written in the heritage book, by Angle Mae (Sandy) Bronk, Clearwater, Florida; and Elo Clayton Dale, Gainesville, Ga 30506). John Nelson Fletcher's family were victims also and the same story was passed down through our family. I believe the Fletchers and Dales lived very close to each other.The stories about this family is fascinating.Please email. Jane
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DaleMom 21 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
deborah lambert 20 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
DaleMom 27 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Jane Miles 14 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Scott Fletcher 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic