Search for content in message boards

Johnson/Porter family brick wall

Replies: 0

Johnson/Porter family brick wall

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 11:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Porter
I am looking for James Joseph Johnson, married a Mary Elizabeth or Elizabeth (Eliza) Jane Johnson (her maiden name was Johnson). Children were: Bert Lamar, Sallie, and Euless. From what I can understand, James Joseph was quite a bit older than Eliza when they married. He died after Euless was born and she married James Porter. I have the census for 1900 in Warren, Georgia (153rd District) with James Porter, Eliza, Bert L, Sallie and a son by the name of "Willet" listed, who I suppose is Euless. The census has the birth date for Bert listed as Aug, 1889 when his WWI draft card listed it as Aug, 1893. The 1893 date is listed on every other document I have come across for him. The census also has the children listed with the surname of Porter instead of Johnson. In the 1910 census, the family has moved to Wrightsboro, McDuffie, Georgia. It lists Eliza (spelled Luzia)as the head but as married twice and married 17 yrs in the present marriage, with Bert, Sallie and Euless Johnson and James Porter age 2. James, SR is not listed with them and I don't know where he is at that time. By 1920 James is back with the family and they are living in Salem, Lincoln, Georgia. James is listed as age 78, Eliza, age 52, James, age 12 and Euless (Eulen), age 23. In 1930, Eliza has moved back to McDuffie County and lives in Thomson. She is listed as the head but as widowed. James (son) is 22 and Sallie is listed with the surname of Payne and as a widow. Euless lives next door with his wife and child. I would love to know what happened to James Joseph, when he was born and died and if anyone can shed light on the discrepancies on birth dates of the children. ANY information about this family is most welcomed. I am doing this as a favor for my cousin who is Bert's granddaughter and would love to be able to clear up a few of the mysteries for her. Thanks so much!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions