Search for content in message boards

Will of J. James ROBERTS

Replies: 3

Will of J. James ROBERTS

Cari Spano (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Roberts, Phelps, Foster, Tidwell, Argroves, McCarter, Bird, Farr, Swanson, Simms, Morris, Turner, Miller, Mueller
Last Will & Testament of J. James Roberts

State of Georgia 276
Meriwether County

J. James Roberts considering the uncertaintly of this mortal life, and being of sound mind and Memory, do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and from as follows,
First ~ I will and bequeath that all my just debts be paid

2nd I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife during her natural life the South fourth of th North half of lot of land No 248 (or 148) lying and being in the 10th sub district of Meriwether County, to be used for her benifit, (spelled as copied) and at her death to be sold and divided equally between my legal heirs. And lastly as to all the rest, residue and remainder of my personal estate, good and chattels of what kind and nature soever. I give and bequeth the same to my son James F. Roberts to have and to hold as his own in fee simple, as I have already given the other children about that amount and the said (James) Jones F. Roberts shall take care of my beloved wife during her natural life, I also herby appoint my son James F. Roberts my sole executor of this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all former will made by me.

In witness
wherof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this eight day of September, One thousand eight hundred and seventy eight.

James Roberts
The above instrument consisting of one sheet was now here subscribed by James Roberts the Testator, in presence of each of us, and was at the same time declared by him to be his last will and testament and was at his request sign our names hereto us attesting witnesses

William Parker Residing in Meriwether County

Mathew Estes " "

John J. Addy " "

Georgia
Meriwether County Ordinarys officer

October term 1878

The within last will and testament of James Roberts having been offered for Probate at this regular term of the court, in common form was satisfactorily proven
report this testimony of John J. Addy, one of the subscribing witnesses, who testified to all the facts necessary to prove the same-

Ordered ~ 277
That the same be admitted to record as the last will and testament of said deceased as proven in Common form, and that the nominated executor James F. Roberts be and he is hereby allowed to qualify and open his so doing that Titters (Letters) Testamontary issue to him. This Oct 7th 1878

A.J. Heinton

OMC
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cari Spano 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
JosephYawn 23 Feb 2013 4:13AM GMT 
JosephYawn 23 Feb 2013 4:13AM GMT 
mbeare2 8 Jan 2014 10:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions