Search for content in message boards

Searching for family - Hammond & ?

Replies: 2

Searching for family - Hammond & ?

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2005 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: Hammond
Looking for my father's birth family HAMMOND & ?
Father and 3 sibling's were placed in orphanage in Jan. 1914 their parent's were J.H.& Mary HAMMOND. Mary's maiden name is unknown also date's on J.H. & Mary is not known either. It was said that J.H. appeared much older than wife Mary.

This family was said to have been in Spring Place prior to Jan. 1914. The children were as follows.....

# 1 - Bettie HAMMOND(called Lizzie) b. ca. 1900
# 2 - William Rufus HAMMOND b. ca. 1902
# 3 - Sarah Jane HAMMOND b. ca. 1906
# 4 - Martin Luther HAMMOND b. ca. 1909 (my father)

I have located the families of William & Sarah above, and have tracked my aunt Lizzie up till the year 1925 but search is at a stand still. Lizzie married Reese SMITH in 1916 in Douglas Co. GA , but she was going by the name Lizzie HAMILTON when she married Reese. They moved to Villa Rica,GA ( Carroll Co. GA ) in or after 1920.
Lizzie left Reese after her 3 children died sometime around 1924 or 1925. The trail ends here on her, as I have not been able to track her down after she left.
I'm looking for any HAMMOND info. in the Murray Co. GA. area around the early 1900's till Jan. 1914. The parents also said that they were from TN. And Murray Co. does boarder the TN state line.
Maybe someone in the Murray Co. area who has access to marriage records could look up a possible marriage between J.H. HAMMOND & Mary ? for me. I would be very greatful.

J.H. HAMMOND (the father) disappeared leaving his wife and 4 children at a shelter in Atlanta. This is why the children was placed in a orphanage and Mary (the mother) remained at the shelter doing domestic work. It is not known where or what happen to dad's parent's as I have been unable to track either of them.
Thank's,
Pat
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ButterMeOne 28 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Pat 20 Apr 2003 5:43PM GMT 
brendhun1 27 Sep 2012 3:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions