Search for content in message boards

Roland Family in Muscogee, GA

Replies: 2

Re: Roland Family in Muscogee, GA

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roland Rowland Wilson
By 1850, Zeno (entered incorrectly in the AL census as "Leno") and Malinda are in Henry, Alabama with their first three children, Henry Thomas (my direct ancestor), Sarah, and newborn Jason. Apparently Zeno and Malinda struck out on their own from Muscogee after having their first two children, and left GA between 1844 and 1850. I found no other Rolands living near them in Henry. Malinda's father, Henry Wilson was murdered in 1851 and $341 went to the newlyweds from probate. I find no specific information on the relationships the other Rolands in 1840 Muscogee. Zeno and Malinda's first first son was Henry Thomas. This could be a reference to HT Wilson, or Henry (Malinda's father) and Thomas (Zeno's father?). I have not located any probate documents for any of the Muscogee GA Rolands, so if anyone finds something please post. Until then, the circumstantial evidence is that Zeno's father is Thomas Rowland, formerly of Warren County, GA. In 1820, Thomas lived next to Henry Wilson (father Zeno's wife Malinda), and a Thomas Roland is found in Muscogee GA in 1840. The census counts suggest he was born on or about 1794. There is a Thomas Rowland of similar age but born in NC, living in Cass County GA (northwest of Atlanta) by 1850, and then in Coosa AL by 1860, but I cannot be sure it is the same person.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KDonahue4532 24 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
dufur9399 22 Aug 2012 2:08PM GMT 
lcornell6 8 Feb 2013 10:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions