Search for content in message boards

Cherokee Family: Brackett,Wilson.Hubbard.Childress, Roe,Silver,Wilkerson,Parris

Replies: 5

Re: Cherokee Family: Brackett,Wilson.Hubbard.Childress, Roe,Silver,Wilkerson,Parris

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 9:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hubbard, Childress,Wilkerson
I wish I could help more but my Wilkerson/Wilkinson database is limited. I do have quite a bit on Nellie Wilkerson who marrid Uriah Hubbard but thye lived in Sc before migrating to Ga and on the trail. I do have a Lucinda Nancy Childress (distant cousin d/o Lemuel Childress and Nancy Vann of Tennessee) who married a Thomas Wilkerson b 1820 Tennessee. His father was John Wilkerson(b abt 1760) who lived near the NC/SC line. He was the father of Nellie Hubbard John married his third wife Cooteah Eastern Cherokee and had the following according to research: Aaron, George, Richard and James.He also married Margaret McMahan and children are listed as: Nellie,Uriah, William. He married an unknown Eastern Cherokee and had: Hiram, Jefferson. Lewis, Lydia,Thomas E. and George. Most in Tennessee. That is where Thomas E. Wilkerson met and married Lucinda Childress.I have seen the last named spelled Wilkerson and Wilkinson in the same family.I do not have a breakdown of any of the children of John excepyt Nellie and Thomas E. Maybe you see something you recognize. I have some of the Cherokee records if you need more.Josie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
josparks70 29 May 2011 10:44AM GMT 
lizvmullen 5 Jun 2011 8:49AM GMT 
josparks70 5 May 2013 5:26PM GMT 
Agwaltney92 17 Dec 2012 12:07AM GMT 
josparks70 17 Dec 2012 4:13PM GMT 
mirandacagle 4 May 2013 11:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions