Search for content in message boards

Rebecca Pool

Replies: 22

Re: Rebecca Pool

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry. Rebecca applied for entrance into the Eastern Cherokee and her claim was denied because she was not able to provide the proof needed. My GGM who was her neice (Martha Pool Wilkins) also applied. It appears the reason they were not added to the Guion Miller Rolls was there was a question about her GF, Moses Pool as to her report that he was 8/8 Cherokee. They wanted information on what the other part was either white, black or slave. So she could not have been full blooded Cherokee.
Having said that, I can tell you that my GM, Katie Wilkins Davenport, received a letter from the Cherokee Nation but no one knows except what she said which was "I threw it away because it wasn't going to amount to alot". We have talked to the people at the library and they are not aware of what it could have been. Next Stop will be to go to the tribal council.
You can see all the information on all of Rebeca's relatives who also applied on my family tree at ancestry. You can email me at Sicowitch@aol.com and i will send invite to tree. My tree is Chloe and Jaxson's Direct Line.
Cheryl Crumley
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ma_scrooge11 21 Apr 2004 2:37PM GMT 
hdfatboy1998 4 May 2005 5:08PM GMT 
CherylCrumley 27 Dec 2012 1:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic