Search for content in message boards

Wilbanks & McCrackin of Rabun Co, GA and Oconee Co, SC

Replies: 4

Wilbanks & McCrackin of Rabun Co, GA and Oconee Co, SC

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: mccracken, mccrackin, lee, kramer, wilbanks, willbanks
Today I finally received my great-grandmother's death certificate to discover the names of her parents. I'm trying to figure out which Wilbanks/Willbanks family she is related to in the Oconee County, South Carolina & Rabun County, Georgia area. I am looking for

John Wilbanks b. abt 1860 in South Carolina married November 1878 in Rabun Co, Georgia to Q. Victoria McCrackin b. abt. 1863 in Georgia.
Their daughter is Mary Nancy or Nancy Mary Wilbanks depending on who you ask. She was born abt 1888 in Rabun Co, Georgia and died 24 Nov 1952 in Rabun Co, Georgia. Her first husband was Ruben Lee (whose first wife was Mary Thrift). Nancy and Ruben married when she was 15 and had two children, Alice and Robert. She and Ruben divorced after about 10 years and my grandfather (Robert) hardly ever saw his father after that.

Family legend has it that great-grandpa Ruben raised Alice's children because Alice was a wild child and was married and divorced several times but I have no information on her other than an approximate birth date of 1906. Robert A Lee, Ruben and Nancy's son was born 17 Dec 1905 near Clemson in Oconee Co, South Carolina.

Nancy Wilbanks married a second time to Clyde Kramer who was originally from Wisconsin. My mother has always told me that Nancy went to Ohio with a family she was keeping house for and met Clyde Kramer there. I can't find any record of her ever leaving Georgia but I suppose it may have been between censuses.

I would be most grateful for any information on any these folks.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AuburnSongbir... 8 Apr 2008 12:07AM GMT 
Julia Phillip... 16 Dec 2009 6:47PM GMT 
annie4081 11 Sep 2012 1:27AM GMT 
annie4081 11 Sep 2012 1:45AM GMT 
AuburnSongbir... 11 Sep 2012 7:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions