Search for content in message boards

Robert Clarence Teal and Ophelia Augusta "Gussie" Turner

Replies: 3

Re: Robert Clarence Teal and Ophelia Augusta "Gussie" Turner

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is definately my Clarence. He was Robert Clarence Teal I have a copy of my Grandfather's Birth Certificate which (Robert Gray Teal). It shows his father as Clarence Teal and Mother as Gussie Turner. This is the same as Augusta Ophelia Turner, nicknamed "Gussie".

I have also seen the record you see where he was living and showing as widowed, but I have not been able to find a record of her death. He shows up later in the Macon Georgia area with a new wife, whose name escapes me now. That ties into the story that he and ASA were railroad men and Clarance rode the Railroad line from Macon to Atlanta.

I would be very interested in the Turner connection that we share.

I was adopted OUT of the family at birth. My mother Francis Virginia Teal (now deceased) was the daughter of Robert Gray Teal. I met her and was reunited with my birth family when I was about 31 and have been trying to connect the dots ever since. I have become very close to my birthfamily and we share this information. We were all wondering about "Gussie"...What happened to her??

Thank you for sharing what you know. If you have any additional information, I would love to know about my "Turner Family".

Thanks again!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debbiewascath... 22 Jul 2012 2:11PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 26 Aug 2012 5:23PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 26 Aug 2012 6:36PM GMT 
debbiewascath... 26 Aug 2012 7:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic