Search for content in message boards

PARKER, BROWN AND LEE

Replies: 3

Re: PARKER, BROWN AND LEE

Posted: 29 Oct 2013 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a copy of Ambrose's death certificate and that along with my cousin's (Ambrose's late daughter, Alma Louise)admission are how I know Sam was not Ambrose's dad. His dad was Crawford (in some cases he was called Bradford) Brown. In all census' except one he was listed as Ambrose Brown.
I know that Sam was a former slave and according to my cousin Eula Belle who knew Sam (her great grandfather) and Mary he was a former slave, who could easily have passed if he wanted to do so. Mary was thought to be Native American. My guess is she was mixed with Native American and African and was not 100% N.A.
I was very blessed to get to know Eula Belle who passed away in 2005 at the age of 100. My cousin Alma died last year at the age of 99 and in addition to cousins Eula and Alma, my Aunt Ella, who as a child lived with Eliza (the daughter of Sam and Mary), gave me a lot of information because she did know Mary and as a child she eavesdropped on adult conversations. She tells the same story just from a different point of view or vantage point.
Thank you for the information. You made my day.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wacuth 3 Aug 2009 5:33PM GMT 
tjws5522angel... 27 Oct 2013 6:30PM GMT 
thomasker2 29 Oct 2013 1:53PM GMT 
wacuth 30 Oct 2013 1:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic