Search for content in message boards

ALSTONS in Stewart Co.

Replies: 1

ALSTONS in Stewart Co.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 10:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Interested in two Alstons in Stewart Co. - Susan Alston who married Charles Brown in 1833 and Cyrus Alston who married Jane Odum in 1839. These two I assume were probably siblings.

My third g-grandfather and family moved to Stewart Co. in 1836 in the Richland vicinity, and in 1841 purchased the Shaw Plantation near there from W. A. Scandrett. In the 1840 census there were two Alston heads of families, Joshua H. Alston, who lived in the Florence Dist. but by 1850 was in Early Co., GA south of Stewart. The Alstons of Early Co. probably originated in Maryland. The second Alston listed in the 1840 census is my Peter B. Alston. Doubt if he is connected to Joshua since his lineage originated in SC.

In 1842 the first Alston family from the NC Alstons came to Stewart Co., Nathaniel C. Alston, which appears to be yet another Alston family. These are the Alstons most identified in Stewart Co. and are listed in the book "History of Stewart Co." - probably not connected to these earlier Alstons since all of them are also listed in the book (both volumes) but no connection is made between any of them.

Any assistance in finding the ancestry/connections of the two original Alstons in Stewart Co. - Susan and Cyrus is appreciated. Thinking my PBA and family may be connected to them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
larkmcc 13 Nov 2011 5:14PM GMT 
pgdaniel_1 12 Sep 2012 7:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions