Search for content in message boards

Lewis Miller & Cemeteries in Stewart County- "The Old Stokes Place, later owned by the Bealls." Or the "Old Sam Torrance Place"

Replies: 0

Lewis Miller & Cemeteries in Stewart County- "The Old Stokes Place, later owned by the Bealls." Or the "Old Sam Torrance Place"

Posted: 16 Feb 2014 12:51AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Miller
The History of Stewart County, Ga. Vol 1 page 539 includes the Lewis Miller Family. A statement therein says "he and his wife are buried at the old Stokes place, later owned by the Bealls." I have been told this location is near the entrance to Providence Canyon?

If anyone knows the location of this cemetery I would greatly appreciate directions in getting there. I come back to Georgia 4-6 times per year and would really like to locate and take some photos of the cemetery and/or the area. A contact person and phone number would be great.

Note: Vol II of the History of Stewart County, Ga, page 938 also has information on the family. At the bottom of the page it states "Both buried on the Old Sam Torrance Place near Old Union ---." Are these the same place?

Thank you very much, Lamar Miller (a fourth great grandson. Originally from Jakin, Early County, Ga. Now residing in Hawaii). Phone 808 263-3071 e-mail: wlamar@hawaii.rr.com

Find a board about a specific topic