I’m searching for more information on the Thomas Barber Morgan family.
Thomas Barber Morgan, born 1801 in Hancock County, Georgia, died 1879 in Bainbridge, Decatur County, Georgia. Would like to find burial place? Name of Cemetery. Married Eliza May Bruce Chives on 12 Dec 1827 in Hancock County, Georgia. Appears on 1840 US Census; appears on 1850 and 1860 US Census in Troup County, Georgia. I do not have a date of death for Eliza Chivers Morgan or place of death or burial.
On other family trees and also census records, I have found the following children for Thomas Barber Morgan:
1. Charlotte Eliza Morgan, b. 16 Oct 1826. Died? Married?
2. Sarah Jane Morgan, b. 12 November 1832, Died? Married?
3. Frances Barber Morgan, b. 20 July 1830, d. 18 Nov 1906 in Troup County, Georgia
4. James Thomas Morgan, b. 29 May 1832, d. 29 August 1899 in Woodville, Tyler County, Texas. Married Elizabeth “Bettie” Durdin in Tyler County Texas on 25 June 1859. Appears on Texas Census Record in Rusk County, Texas in 1846. Appears on US Census in 1870 and 1880 in Tyler County, Texas: both state he was born in Georgia. Buried in Pilgrims Rest Cemetery in Woodville, Tyler County, Texas. Has several Civil War Records. Also was a merchant in Civil War selling to Confederate hospitals and troops in Georgia.
5. Ellington John Morgan, b. 26 September 1836, d. 28 January 1910 Bainbridge, Decatur County, Georgia. Married Louisa S. Ingram on 10 February 1866. On Census records and other records it states his profession was a doctor/physician.
6. David Crawley Morgan, b. 1840, Died? Married?
7. Blanche Morgan, b. 1842, died?, married?
8. William Sallard Morgan, b 10 June 1844, died 4 December 1844
James Thomas Morgan is my gr-gr-gr-grandfather. I’m trying to find definite connections to Thomas Barber Morgan. The earliest Census records I can find for Thomas Barber Morgan include 1840 Slave Schedules/Census records which do not list the names of people in the household, only the ages, sex, and either free or slave. There are 1850 and 1860 US Census records that have some of his children listed; however, James Thomas Morgan appears on Census records in Texas as early as 1846. I have a marriage record for him in 1859 in Texas and he also appears on the 1870 and 1880 Census records in Texas.
I would be happy to get any additional information on Thomas Barber Morgan and his family.