Hughley

Replies: 7

Hughley

Hughley (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 9:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Nov 2001 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hughley, Jones, Wright
My name is Tamara and I am a Hughley residing in Atlanta, GA searching for my father's family tree as far back as possible. I'm 26 & have 2 children of my own. My ancestors have been known to live in Chattanooga, TN, San Bernandino, CA, Chicago, IL, Atlanta& other parts of GA, and also SC, and Al are believed to be others. I am the great-grandaughter of a couple that married by the name of Ozella Jones (born on May 10, 1887)& William Hughley Sr.(born in 1884). William died in a train crash in Rockmart, Ga back in 1926 he was something like a dinning room attendant. Ozella died back in February 15,1966 of Congestive heart failure. They had 5 children, my grandfather (Edward Hughley) who died May 27,1990 as a result of a heart attack, Neal Hughley who looked exactly like my grandfather's twin brother also died of a heart attack, Cora who died when she was 19 and left behind 2 children (James & Joyce Wright) who are also dead. William Hughley JR adopted one son who now lives in San Bernadino, CA by the name of William Hughley III. My great-aunt Lillie Mae Hughley-Harris is the last sibling alive rsiding here in Atlanta, GA. She has cousins alive that I do not know & we only had 1 reunion here in Atlanta that I was unable to attend around 1989 or 1990. Our family has a history of heart problems. I would like to get to know the rest of the unknow information about my family if possible. William is known to have lived in Wespoint, GA. Others are know to have lived in Columbus, GA. Hopefully someone has more information for me to put on my famiy tree. William Hughley Sr. had a mother named Ophelia that moved from Georgia to Chicago with her husband and my great-aunt Lillie really didn't know them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hughley 1 Oct 2001 3:42AM GMT 
kennethburton... 2 Oct 2001 7:07PM GMT 
Tamara Hughley 3 Oct 2001 1:52AM GMT 
Prshughley 25 Feb 2013 8:46AM GMT 
samuelrussell... 25 Feb 2013 3:32PM GMT 
lbc4544 8 Jun 2009 2:57PM GMT 
wellbeing12 22 Sep 2010 6:52AM GMT 
samuelrussell... 25 Feb 2013 3:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic