Search for content in message boards

William Harrison WILLIAMS and Honomu Sugar Company

Replies: 2

William Harrison WILLIAMS and Honomu Sugar Company

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILLIAMS
I am trying to find out more William Harrison WILLIAMS, he was born in 1893 in Wrexham, North Wales though he often puts his place of birth as Bangor, North Wales where he lived later.

He served in the Royal Flying Corps / Royal Air Force in WWI and his service record shows that he worked as a clerk for the Honumu Sugar Company between 15 Feb 1915 and July 1917 but I have not been able to find him travelling to Hawaii or the USA yet - his name is often recorded as just William WILLIAMS which is a very common name.

I am wondering if anyone knows any good sources about Hawaii where I might pick up some clues?

Also does anyone know much about the Honomu Sugar Company, I am wondering if there was any connection with North Wales - any of the owners or senior staff from there perhaps.

He travelled to the San Francisco when the USA entered WWI, his draft card records him as a sailor with the company.

He then went to Canada to join the RFC before travelling to Britain and serving in the RFC and RAF.

He returned to the USA in 1920 where he showed that he was planning to be a sugar planter in Hawaii. It is not clear whether actually did go there or stopped en route but he worked for an airline in Spokane in Washington state where he died in a plane crash.

MB
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
martinbriscoe... 7 Feb 2013 8:31AM GMT 
judyartley53 3 Mar 2013 6:04AM GMT 
martinbriscoe... 3 Mar 2013 12:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions