Search for content in message boards

Patrick Sweeney

Replies: 9

Re: Patrick Sweeney

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 9:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SWEENEY
Hello
This last July, I was in contact with Christine - whom is also the great grand daughter of Mable Smith. How are you related to her? Christine has information on Patrick Sweeney on Ancestry and that is how I found her and got in contact with her.

Patrick Sweeney was the first City Marshal/Chief of Police for Great Falls Montana. He died in Minnesota and I have his obit. If you would like, I can send a copy of it to you if you give me a name and address to send it.

I have been looking up the early day law officers in Great Falls. Because the police department's memorial page does not have many of the early day officer's on it, I was going to donate it to them. There is a couple of lines about him on there history page.

I had asked Christine if she knew of any photos of Patrick Sweeney but she didn't think so. Do you know of any? I would like to include one in with the information about Mr. Sweeney. Because the MT. State law museum was in Great Falls but closed a while ago - but said that they were opening when they found a larger place(the place they had in our shopping center was small!!) I was hoping to donate the info to them also.

ALso Mr. Sweeney was a member of the Cascade County Sheriff's office. While I was still working, I was talking to one of the deputies and he said that the office was compiling information about their past officers. So I was also going to get with them to see what they have on Mr. Sweeney, and donate what I have. I was also gong to check with the Chouteau County Sheriff and see if he was employed by them. We were part of Chouteau County before we were Cascade County.

I did find out a lot in interesting information on this family that I can share with you.

Linda

Great Falls Montana

galaxie63@bresnan.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
emilia49 21 May 2011 6:13PM GMT 
Eellitta 22 May 2011 9:19AM GMT 
emilia49 22 May 2011 4:45PM GMT 
Eellitta 22 May 2011 7:41PM GMT 
emilia49 22 May 2011 8:47PM GMT 
kreitz37 10 Dec 2012 1:35AM GMT 
emilia49 10 Dec 2012 3:42PM GMT 
kreitz37 10 Dec 2012 4:02PM GMT