Search for content in message boards

WILLIAMS IN OHIO

Replies: 4

Re: WILLIAMS IN OHIO

Ladonna Viertel (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2003 12:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Judi. I was really excited to see your post of September 2002. It appears that you and I are working on the same Williams line. In April, I spent 9 days doing research on about 9 or 10 lines in the Ohio River Valley, and am still in the process of typing up notes from my trip. I found a great deal of information in Adams County on these lines, including the marriage of Eli Williams and Elizabeth Walling, but I spent the least amount of time in Brown County. I did not get to visit the courthouse at all, so I am unfamiliar with the deed you mentioned. I would love to have a copy if you have that available.
I am pretty sure I am descended from Walling G. (Gibson) Williams, but I may be descended from Eli and Elizabeth. Here's the conflict. There were at least 2 Walling G. Williams. Walling, the son of James you mention, appeared in the 1820 Brown County, Ohio census and was over 45 years old. My ggg grandfather's name was also Walling G. Williams, born in Ohio about 1818. He could have been the son of Walling the first because he married Margaret Ross in 1811 in Clermont County. But he could also have been the son of Eli Williams who married Elizabeth Walling in Adams County in 1810. So, since my Walling was born in 1818, he could have been the son of one or the other. I haven't been able to determine which. My Walling does state in the 1880 Wise County, Texas census that his father was born in Maryland. My Williams line left Ohio prior to the 1840 census and moved to Ripley County, Indiana, then on to Clay County, Illinois.
What other Brown County info do you have? I will be glad to share what I have, and will keep you updated as I get things typed up. Mixed in with my Walling and Williams information are notes on several other lines, so it may take a while.
I hope to hear from you soon. Ladonna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judi Burkhardt 22 Sep 2002 8:23PM GMT 
Monica Mason 7 Feb 2003 5:09PM GMT 
Judi Burkhardt 7 Feb 2003 7:16PM GMT 
gtalmadge127 22 Oct 2012 12:55PM GMT 
Ladonna Viertel 16 Jun 2003 6:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions