Search for content in message boards

Cemetery or death record needed for Matilda Jane Babbitt

Replies: 6

Re: Cemetery or death record needed for Matilda Jane Babbitt

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 10:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jan 2012 10:07AM GMT
Surnames: Babbit, Mann
Thank you for your help. I have looked at the marriage record for Sylvester M. Babbitt and Laura Williams. You can view that at FamilySearch.org. It does not list parents for either of them.

I did see the California death listing for Sylvester O. Babbitt and have considered him, but the middle initials threw me off. I recently found that on Laura's death certificate it states that she was divorced. So, I am guessing that Sylvester and her divorced before her death.

I can find on a 1930 census a Sylvester Babbitt, born Illinois, in Arizona and have wondered if that could be him. The stating of his birth in Illinois and Iowa, I can understand. That happens alot in research, where different birth states are listed for a person on different census'. In 1880, you can find Sylvester and his parents living in Page County, Iowa. Matilda and Sylvester most likely met there. Matilda's mother and other members of the family lived in Page County, Iowa. Matilda's brother, Ambery Mann, raised his family and died in Page County, Iowa. Sylvester had a sister, Dora, that was born in Iowa. On the 1880 census, Sylvester is listed as 16, born Illinois. His sister, LouElla, is 14 and born in Iowa, along with Dora, age 8, born in Iowa. On the 1870 census, LouElla is listed as being born in Illinois.

I wish I could find Sylvester and Matilda on a 1900 census. I cannot find them, Matilda's mother, or sister on the 1900 census in Montana or in Idaho. I know that is where they have to be, but I can't find them on a census.

Anyway, thanks for helping. I sure appreciate it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
duhammon 1 Apr 2007 7:19PM GMT 
mogeneal 6 Jan 2012 5:06PM GMT 
duhammon 10 Jan 2012 9:14PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 11 Jan 2012 1:19PM GMT 
duhammon 19 Jan 2012 5:02PM GMT 
mogeneal 19 Jan 2012 6:09PM GMT 
duhammon 19 Jan 2012 8:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions