Search for content in message boards

Francis E. “Frank” Davis, b. 1912 (Canada), d. 1977 (WA)--lived in Sandpoint, ID

Replies: 5

Francis E. “Frank” Davis, b. 1912 (Canada), d. 1977 (WA)--lived in Sandpoint, ID

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis, Lower
Searching for possible children/grandchildren of Francis E. “Frank” Davis, b. 15 Feb 1912, Lac La Nonne, Alberta, Canada, and d. 28 Feb 1977, Yakima Co., WA. And any info on him, too!

Son of Jacob Francis Davis and Lana Mae Lower, he is in the 1930 census with his parents and 4 siblings in East Liverpool, Columbiana Co., OH. He is listed as Francis, son, age 18, working in a pottery. Siblings are Phyllis (already married and living in WA), Isabelle, Collin, Arthur, and Curtis. All 6 children were born in Canada. Jacob was born in Washington Co., OH, and Lana was born in Garrett Co., MD. (In the 1920 census they were in Canada and did not come to the States until the late 20s.)

The youngest child, Curt, is my dad who passed away a year ago, the last of the siblings to die. He had hoped to locate a relative of his brother Frank’s, but my sister and I (we’re the family genealogists) have been unable to locate much at all. The following is what we do have:

** His application for a SSN, stating his name as Frank Ellery Davis, living in Spokane, WA. Wrote that he had filled out a similar card in Sandpoint, ID, but “never got my card”. This was dated 7 Dec 1937.

** Our understanding is that Frank lived in Sandpoint, ID around the 1940s and 1950s (per our dad). To see that he must have lived there another time—before 1937—was a surprise.

** Also per our dad, Frank’s oldest daughter’s name is Delores Rose Davis. She worked with our dad in probably the late 50s at Olan Mills in PA. Her mother’s maiden name was Mary Wallach, who might have been from Cannonsburg (don’t know where that is). Frank and Mary divorced, and he remarried, possibly to a woman named Arlene.

** He had about 6 kids, including one named Curtis who died (would have been born while our dad was a POW in Tokyo from 1942-45) (again, info per our dad).

** Have an obituary for Frank:
"Frank Davis, 65, formerly of Selah died Monday in St. Elizabeth Hospital. Mr. Davis was born in Lac La Nonne, Alberta, Canada. He came to the Yakima Valley many years ago. He was a retired bartender.
"Survivors include two sisters, Mrs. Phyllis Bedient of Marysville and Mrs. Harold (Isabel) Bucher of Wellsville, Ohio; three brothers, Collin and Arthur, both of East Liverpool, Ohio, and Curtis of New York."
(The Yakima Daily Republic, Yakima, Washington, March 1, 1977)

** Have a copy of his death certificate, which shows him as divorced and a retired bartender. He died in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Yakima, Yakima Co., WA. He was living in Yakima at the time and is buried in Tahoma Cemetery, Yakima. The informant was his sister Phyllis Bedient.

** Ancestry has his SSDI.

It’s sad for our family that this is all we know about our uncle and especially that we couldn’t locate anyone before our dad died. We don’t know any other children’s names or anything. We have connections with our other uncles’ and aunts’ children, but Frank is the only one for whom we can’t find descendants.

If anyone is related to Frank Davis, or knows of his children/grandchildren, or has any info whatsoever on him (newspaper articles, marriage/divorce, children’s births, etc.), please feel free to e-mail me at mpike@rochester.rr.com. We are looking for anything and everything! Thank you so much.

Melanie (Davis) Pike
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MelaniePike59 5 Jun 2010 9:21PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 6 Jun 2010 8:53PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 6 Jun 2010 9:06PM GMT 
MelaniePike59 6 Jun 2010 9:39PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 6 Jun 2010 10:37PM GMT 
MelaniePike59 10 Aug 2012 4:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions