Search for content in message boards

James Alfred Adams

Replies: 3

Re: James Alfred Adams

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams
Hello and thanks for writing. I'll try and fill you in. James was the uncle of Charles Wilbur Adams. Who was the father of my father Ralph Kenneth Adams. My dad and his brother were kidnapped by Charles. They were found later in the Caldwell, Canyon, Idaho area. They were put in school there. All we ever got from dad was he lived with some cousins. James is the only Adams we can find related to Charles that lived in Idaho. Because of James's age it has to be his children we are thinking. None of them children would be alive now either.

I have a picture of dad standing in front of a busted door and part of a wall from 1961. On the back it says Dads old school house Middleton Idaho, 1961. So someone put him in school while they had him. We believe that someone found dads mother in Iowa and contacted her. Dad said him and his brother road the train home to mom in Iowa and he grew up there. We have all the Iowa info and school stuff. Have everything on them living in Montana before the divorce. His life for the two years he was gone and dropped of at different places is a gap.

We know he was dropped of at a mining camp in the mountains for awhile. Where who knows. During the gold rush days must of been thousands of them camps through the mountains. His brother said they would work and clean things for the miners for food. Then their dad, Charles, picked them back up and they all moved on. This was hard winter because they talked about the avalanche that wiped out the camp but didn't get them.

All we ever got out of them was bits and pieces. And they was cold and hungry and had to work all the time. They were 5 and 7 years old.

What we really are trying to find out is who they ended up with in Idaho, and helped them get back to there mom, sisters, and brother. Charles doesn't pop back up into the family history till the 50s. Not that anyone really cared we think because he his gone again and passes away in Calf. at almost a hundred years old.

These are the names of James's and Josephene's children. Which would be dads cousins. One of them is the key to the mystery we think. They will be gone, but maybe just maybe there children heard a story or have a old picture some where.

Charlotte L. Adams 1881 –
Julia O Adams 1883 –
Alfred Charles Adams 1885 – 1956
Arthur Hallstead Adams 1888 – 1947
Chester Nels Adams 1891 – 1952
Bernice Adams 1893 – 1915

Again thanks for writing and any help you can come up with.
Chuck
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ctit101 14 Oct 2012 2:22PM GMT 
lkbrownphoto 5 Feb 2013 7:20AM GMT 
ctit101 5 Feb 2013 5:23PM GMT 
lkbrownphoto 6 Feb 2013 12:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions