Search for content in message boards

SPIERS in Medicine Lodge, Clark Co, Idaho on 1920 census

Replies: 3

Re: Hal SPIERS wed Blanche SEVERET, dau of Margaret NORTHRUP (or NORTHOP) of Northern CA

Leila Menzies (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2004 9:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Severet, Brown, Smith, Northrup, Northop, Varain, Blades, Spiers, Neilson
I sent a long reply to your private email box, and it said it did not recognize your email address (perhaps it is just screening my email address). I am very interested to learn more about your family. My husband, Fred Hewston, is the grandchild of Mary Lincoln BROWN. His grandmother's obituary said she was survived by her sister Margaret BLADES. As I researched it became obvious that there was either a divorce or more likely a death of Mr. Brown and the great-grandmother re-wed to a Mr. Northrup (Northop) and had at least one more child, Margaret "Maggie".

Margaret (Northrup /or Northrop) Blades would be your father's mother. Maggie first wed a Severet and two of the step-kids are living at home on the 1920 Alameda Co,CA census with Jerry Blades, Margaret Blades:
Pearl M. Severet age 16
and Blanche Severet age 14.

I found CA death index records for Pearl M (Severet) NEILSON died San Diego Co., 25 Nov 1997 and
Blanche (Severet) SPIERS died Shasta Co., 28 May 1997.

I found on the CA death index that Margaret (Northrup) BLADES' mother's maiden name was SMITH.

My husband has been trying to learn much more about his grandmother, Mary Lincoln BROWN who first wed Charles VARAIN and then divorced him and late in life wed John A. LANE (a man the age of her oldest son!) and had one last child, Fred's mother, Dorothy (who wed Herbert E. HEWSTON). Eager to learn more.

Leila Menzies
Long Beach, CA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Leila Menzies 18 Sep 2003 9:01PM GMT 
J Severet 29 May 2004 5:14AM GMT 
Leila Menzies 1 Jun 2004 3:32PM GMT 
fhewston 1 Jun 2004 5:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic