Search for content in message boards

Headstone photo, please

Replies: 4

Re: Headstone photo, please

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dorothy,
Looks like I try to help you again. I did find a possible spouse for your possible Ida. While the Ida found in Idaho matches the criteria for being the daughter of Albert and Malissa; and matches criteria to be the spouse of John Frances Crowley... As you may have noticed in my past postings, I need PROOF. Except for name and basic criteria, I haven't seen proof this is the same person. You may have the proof in your family records, if so, they great. If not, you'll need to find some.

Hope the below helps in some manner. I looked in the Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness for a volunteer...none found. If no one responds here, you might have to ultimately pay for a photo of the headstone. And after paying... I HOPE it has some proof to it.

The Ida Gray as described is in the 1900 Census in two locations with her family:

The 1900 Census for Cottonwood, Cumberland Co, Illinois, enumerated the 13/14 of June.
Malissa, born IL, to father born in South Carolina, mother in IL, married 17 years, mother of 7, 6, living
Harry C, Oct 1884
Ida, Mar 1889
James L, Nov 1890
Ethal(sic) I/L ? July 1893
Agnes, Mar 1897
Anna, Nov 1898

The 1900 Census for Hennessey, Kingfisher Co, OK. Enumerated July 5th.
Albert L, Nov? 1860, born in IL to father born in Arkansas?, mother in Illinois.
Malissa E, X 22nd, 1862, mother of 7, 7 living
Harry C, Oct 1884
Edna M, ? 1886
Ida H, Mar? 1888, 11 (if she was born in 1888 she would have been 12
James L, Nov 29, 1890
Ethel I, ? 1894
Agnes M, ? 1897
Anna C, Nov 1898

The 1910 Census for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Harry C "GREY", born in IL, railroad conductor. Head
Mallissa, mother, showing as 48, born in IL, mother of 8, 7 living
James L, 19, son (of Mallissa)
Ruth C, daughter 4
Agnes, daughter 13
Ethel 20, wife, married 1/12.

The 1930 Census for Spokane identifies an Ida Crowley as being married 3 years (May 1926/April 1927) Census enumerated April 1930. She was 40, born in Illinois to both parents born in Illinois (At least that matches)

--Go to http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/default.aspx enter the name Ida Crowley. Click on her name. Then on Marriage Records. As you can see she married John F. Crowley. Click on that line to get to the image.
--They married in Spokane. BUT, this marriage license shows this Ida "Grey" as being born in West Virginia. This person was Ida Sybil "Grxy"(overwritten), age "Legal", this person's father was A.E. "Grxy"(again overwritten) born in England, and mother was Marian E. Michael, born in Scotland. This marriage occured on January 11, 1927. The parents information does not match at all.
--John F is 32, a widower, born in Washington, a civil engineer, son of Leon Crowley, born Mass., and Nellie E. Sullivan, born Ireland.

The World War I Draft Registration Card Image Database has a John Frances Crowley, born April 8, 1896 in North Yakima, living in Valley (south of Chewelah), Washington. He was a civil engineer for the American Mineral? Production Co. He was single.

Ida Crowley is listed on the Idaho Death Index, Death Certificate 002231. Have you obtained her death certificate. While the "facts" on a DC depend on the knowledge and accrucy of the respondent, it "might" identify the name of her husband. If he had died many years before, they were divorced, or if the respondent didn't know, it won't of course be on there. Crowley might not have been her first husband, thus problems in attempting to find her in the census.

Ron Bestrom
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DHinkey8381 30 May 2009 7:17PM GMT 
judyartley53 24 Jun 2009 10:44PM GMT 
DHinkey8381 24 Jun 2009 10:49PM GMT 
RBestrom7380 25 Jun 2009 2:40AM GMT 
DHinkey8381 25 Jun 2009 3:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions